• Students who do not possess any motorcycle driving license are considered as a Beginner and thus have to register for mandatory 15 hours course.
• Students are eligible to take 8 hours training provided they have a valid motorcycle driving license from their country and an affidavit from their consulate stating they have a valid motor cycle license.
• People having nationality and driving license for the listed 41 countries can directly transfer their license by walking into any RTA Office with the necessary documentation and fee (Link to RTA office locations)
• People who have any traffic fine in their name will not be able to open a file until the fine is cleared.
• Students who will be on trainign for motorcycle msut bring their own safety gears( helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, safety shoes that covers till the ankle, must wear a long sleeves shirt or jacket, safety jacket).safety gears(except the long sleeves and shoes) is available at the institute but for sanitary purposes we advice the students to bring their own gears
• NOC from the sponsor if applicable. (To check out the list of professions exempted from NOC click here)
Lectures, the second step for getting your driving license and the first step in your learning process.
There are 8 theory lectures made mandatory by RTA to attend before one can start his/her practical training or attend any test, namely:
1. Attitude and Responsibilities(RTA)
2. Traffic signs(RTA)
3. Managing Risks(RTA)
4. Driver Condition(RTA)
5. Driving Environment(RTA)
6. Rules of Road(RTA)
7. Hazard and Emergencies(RTA)
8. Safety Demonstration(RTA)
9.Safety Lecture (DriveDubai)
10.Practice theory test (DriveDubai)
Lectures are offered on weekdays and weekends (to download lecture schedule Please go to Download section)
Attendance of all lectures is mandatory
Pay strong attention to all lectures
Theory Test, the third step in your learning process, as the name suggests this test consist of theory questions based on real life instances and/or road and traffic signs. DriveDubai provides Mock Test, Practice Theory Test Lecture and Set of MCQs for our students to reach fluency in understanding and answering the theory test questions
Total questions asked: 40
Minimum correct answers required to pass: 30
Topics upon which the questions are based: Road user information, Traffic signs, Traffic laws, Fog, Flood, Mobile phone, unacceptable driving behavior, role model behavior, learning to drive, managing risk, road user safety, rules and responsibilities and Hazard perception videos.
To download set of theory test question Please go to Download section
To take theory test with DriveDubai Please go totheory Test section
Or download RTA app RTA Dubai to practice theory test on your smartphones
A student may advance to practical training after passing theory test
Parking test is the fifth step in your leaning process; it is a test which aims to examine the parking abilities of a student considering the main 2 types of parking namely:
MLST & LLST
a.Parking test is taken by RTA examiners
In order to appear for the parking test a student must:
Attend all lectures
Pass the theory test
Pay the required fee
Attend the required hours of training
(For 15hours course 10 Hours training to be taken before parking test)
(For 8 Housr course 6 hours training to be taken before parking test)
After passing the parking test the student will advance for further classes depending on the result
Road Test is the seventh step in your learning process and the last step before getting your hands on your UAE driving license.
a..In order to appear for road test the following has to be kept under consideration
All fee paid
All required hours of training taken
All previous test passed
Learning permit must be valid
RTA file must be valid
b.Driving License will be issued upon passing the road test on the same day.
c.Student must carry their original Emirates ID at the time of license issuance